Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving Family Dynamics

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in so long. I've been busy working and tying up loose ends for our trip back east. So here we are at Jerry's mom's house in Budd Lake, New Jersey and this is the first time he's been home for Thanksgiving in 30 years. Tomorrow we're driving into Weehawken and Jersey City to hook up with a few friends and we'll probably go into New York City on Tuesday. Unfortunately we probably won't see a show this trip due to the strike on Broadway. Besides just relaxing a lot, staying up late and sleeping in, I've been reading, knitting, and doing Su Doku puzzles.

Yesterday we found a natural food store and I bought a Tofurky for us to eat at Thanksgiving. Actually, I hate Tofurky but I thought it would make Jerry happy to have something to eat besides Waldorf and Jello Fruit Cocktail Salads. Just kidding, I'm sure there will be sweet potatoes with brown sugar and melted marshmallows on top too. Ouch. Jerry's family thinks we are rather weird, the way we eat. Californian organic health food nut vegetarians ya know. But we didn't fly nearly 3,000 miles for the food. We are here to connect with his family. Besides, I am looking forward to eating pumpkin pie with whipped cream on the big day and tomorrow one of his childhood friends is taking us to a restaurant called Veggie Heaven for dinner. Obviously there are plenty of sources for good food back here, it's just that they think we are odder than we actually are.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

It is nice to hear from you. You sound like you are having a good time. Enjoy your holiday and I hope you'll have some fun stories when you get back.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Nice to hear from you too Greenwoman, as always. We are having a good time. Looking forward to NYC tomorrow and seeing my brother.