Sunday, October 3, 2010

Missing Mama

My mama asked me where her mama was.
I wanted to avoid her question so my phone rang.
I told her I was saved by the bell.
But when I was done she remembered and asked me again.
So I told her that her mama, my grandma, had died many years ago.
My mama got very sad and she cried, tears running down her face.
But I didn't wipe them away and neither did she.
We just sat there together and let them flow, her missing her mama
and me knowing how much I was going to miss mine.
She told me it was good that I told her, because now she knows where her mama is.

2 comments:

SisterJulia said...

Lovely:)

Your posts of the last couple of days are so full of the tenderness and richness of life. Thank you:)

I AM ANOTHER said...

Lots of tenderness and oh so rich. And a little bitter sweetness. Thank you SisterJulia.