Monday, December 7, 2009

To Waste A Moment

Maybe my inability to write stems from my need to retreat into knowing nothing. Humility demands respect. Sharing too much of what goes through my mind feeds the ego, as if what I have to say is actually significant. I've been attempting to get out of my mind more and simply live my life.

I've been wanting deeply again. Strong desire. Yearning. Overcome with love-lust. I woke up a week ago in the middle of the night crying. Grasping. But still, for all intents and purposes, I'm fairly content. I've been refusing to stay long in stories that cause me pain.

A friend shared with me that she's going through a difficult time. Recently returned from traveling abroad, she finds herself depressed, realizing that there is a limit to what she will be able to experience in this life. She is grieving the lost of the perceived unlimited possibilities of her youth. She is happy in her life. And yet...

I don't want to squander a minute of my life regretting--to waste a moment hesitating to love.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

ah and if only it were that simple

Warrior said...

It is simple. Bring what you want to you and live. Every breath every moment, live it. Thanks for you visit and comment I appreciate it.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thanks for your comments cindy and Warrior. Love to you both.